A Beautiful Voyage – Quadra Island Chamber Music Festival
July 23 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm| $20.00
Welcome to the 9th annual Quadra Island Chamber Music Festival, held July 23-27. This year’s theme “Home and Away”, will explore facets of this topic during five separate concerts with a variety of music, old and new. Each concert will have its own unique venue on magnificent Quadra Island. For full festival information, visit www.quadrafestival.ca.
The Quadra Island Festival of Chamber Music was founded in 2011 by Philip Hansen and Lois Taylor, with its first concerts held at the historic Heriot Bay Inn. In short time the Festival had gained a board of directors, who oversee details year-round – in order to inspire, uplift, and enlighten you, our audience, through the art of chamber music.
- John Corigliano: Three Irish Folksong Settings
- Konstantin Bozhinov: a solo work tba
- Antonin Reicha: Variations for bassoon and string quartet
- Johannes Brahms: Intermezzo for solo piano
- Johannes Brahms: Sonata for violin and piano in D minor
Tickets: $20 Admission (+applicable fees) Refreshments by donation