- This event has passed.
Encounters and Promenades – Quadra Island Chamber Music Festival
July 26 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm| $65.00
Welcome to the 9th annual Quadra Island Chamber Music Festival, held July 23-27. This year’s theme “Home and Away”, will explore facets of this topic during five separate concerts with a variety of music, old and new. Each concert will have its own unique venue on magnificent Quadra Island. For full festival information, visit www.quadrafestival.ca.
The Quadra Island Festival of Chamber Music was founded in 2011 by Philip Hansen and Lois Taylor, with its first concerts held at the historic Heriot Bay Inn. In short time the Festival had gained a board of directors, who oversee details year-round – in order to inspire, uplift, and enlighten you, our audience, through the art of chamber music.
- Konstantin Bozhinov: a solo work tba
- Philip Hansen: El Sur Se Encuentra con el Mar
- Béla Bartók: Violin Duos, from Forty-four Duos
- Niccolò Paganini: Sonata for Violin and Guitar
- Modest Mussorgsky: Pictures at an Exhibition (arrangement for string quartet)
Tickets: $65 (+applicable fees) Appetizers Included