- This event has passed.
The Joe Cocker Experience
February 23 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm| $37.00
The “Joe Cocker Experience” was an idea that came together with a passion after hearing Dan sing on stage one night a few years ago. His voice and mannerisms are so much like Joe Cocker’s, it’ll make your head spin. At that point it was a matter of building the band around him and after a serious vetting process, there are 9 of us on stage. We have re-created the band that Joe used on his last tour and more specifically the band he used in Cologne, Germany on April 22, 2013. The music is all Cocker and sung only like Joe could. Songs like “With a Little Help From My Friends”, “Leave Your Hat On”, “The Letter”, to name a few and including songs off his latest album “Fire It Up”- which shares the name of his last tour.
With a sense of urgency to work out the small details, the “Joe Cocker Experience” is everything you would expect from a live performance from the great Joe Cocker. In addition to bass, drums, and guitar, the band has a horn section, uses 2 keyboard players, and 2 female vocalists who are lead singers in their own right – the production is awesome. As for our singer Dan, no matter where we play, after each of our performances, we get asked the same question, “where d’ya find this guy, he sounds just like’ em?” The result is an all-star band made up of these professional musicians:
- Danny Bee: lead vocals (30 years pro)
- Daryl Marklinger: lead guitar (20 years pro)
- Ron McKee: bass guitar (25 years pro)
- Chantal Richard: backing and lead vocals (25 years pro)
- Kristi Kell: backing and lead vocals (25 years pro)
- Rick McDonough: piano/keyboards (40+ years pro)
- Earle Gibson: Hammond organ, keyboards, and trombone (38 years pro)
- Steve Jones: sax, percussion, acoustic guitar, and vocals (40+ years pro)
- Gerry Pool: drums (40+ years pro)
Tickets: $37 Admission (+applicable taxes & fees)