Tidemark Theatre Apprenticeship Program
The Tidemark Theatre is looking for bright, enthusiastic, and motivated students who have a passion for the arts and would like to participate in our Apprenticeship Program. For the duration of our season, you will train and work alongside theatre professionals. Participants will focus on one of six exciting areas of specialization, receiving mentorship and on-the-job training. There is no better way to learn!
We will work with you to design a personal learning plan based on your interests and help you define achievable goals for the season. If you want to go on to a post-secondary theatre program, or develop valuable skills for a future career in the arts, our Apprenticeship Program is a great introduction to all that the theatre world has to offer!
There are six areas of specialization available for apprenticeship:
- Sound and Lighting
- Programming and Marketing
- Front of House
- Ticket Centre
You Will Receive:
- Professional training and mentorship in a supportive environment preparing you for future study or employment.
- Free tickets to TTS presentations.
- A letter of reference, upon request, and an impressive addition to your resume.
- Transferable life skills such as increased confidence, reliability and professionalism.
- An opportunity to acquire transferable class credit for co-op programs.
*Please note the minimum commitment of the apprenticeship program will be 8 hours/week.
- Must be a student in high school, or at an accredited college or university;
- Must submit a resume and cover letter stating your interest in the program and future goals.
- Knowledgeable in use of computers, information technology, website maintenance, and social media;
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook;
- Familiar with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, Soundcloud;
- Shall have the ability to deal courteously, tactfully and diplomatically with people of all ages;
- Shall be motivated, energetic and able to work within deadlines with minimal supervision;
- Must be well organised and flexible to show or event meet time, priority and workload demands;
- Strong communication skills with all levels within the organization;
- Must be available to work flexible hours including all Tidemark Theatre shows and events, some nights and weekends;
- Audience friendly and outgoing individual;
- Team oriented;
- Willing to acquire a Criminal Record Check.
Interested applicants are asked to please email your cover letter and resume to:
1220 Shopper's Row
Campbell River, BC V9W 2C8
We thank you for your interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Volunteering at the Tidemark
Volunteers are the heart of the Tidemark! Volunteers are the first smiling face to greet you as you come in the door, to guide you to your seats, and to serve you refreshments from the concession. We couldn't do it without YOU!
We are currently looking for Volunteers for the following positions:
- Ticket Taker
- Merchandise Sales
- 50/50 Draw Sales
Click here to see our volunteer opportunities!
Thank you for your interest! We hope to hear from you.
For more information, please contact:
Front of House Team
or drop by the Ticket Centre
Phone: 250-287-7465 ext. 1
Requirements for all volunteers:
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must be a member of the Tidemark Theatre Society (for liability purposes)
- Must undergo a Criminal Record Check – this service is free of charge; simply fill out the form available at the Ticket Centre or at
Volunteer Cambell River, Downstairs at City Hall, Campbell River
or visit www.volunteercr.ca
- Once your Criminal Record Check has been received, you must attend an orientation session. The orientation session will cover security issues, what to wear, a theatre tour and what your job(s) will be.