International Fly Fishing Film Festival
The International Fly Fishing Film Festival is the largest of its kind, screening at over 120 locations worldwide each year. In 2020, the presentation will feature ten exclusive films, 6- to 16-minutes in length, produced by professional filmmakers from all corners of the globe and showcasing the passion, lifestyle and culture of fly fishing.
Among the films to be screened are:
- Particles and Droplets, by Gilbert Rowley, a look at the world from a different perspective with fly fishing the catalyst.
- Aurora Fontinalis, by Intents Media. An adventurous trip after giant brook trout in the far north.
- Iqaluk, by Hooké. A far northern fly-fishing adventure to Nunavik in search of Arctic Char.
- The Mend, by Broc Isabelle. A father-son relationship complicated by career and responsibilities all set to a fly-fishing background.
- Nine Foot Rod, by Dana Lattery. Four fly-fishing guides embark on a trip to Oman in search of giant trevally and Indo-Pacific Permit.
- Others include AK 30, seeking a 30-inch trout in Alaska’s Naknek River; The Bull Run, looking for a bull trout north of the 49th parallel in the Rockies; and Poetry in Motion, the story of Maxine McCormack’s journey to become world fly-fishing champion.
Check out the full length film trailers at flyfilmfest.com.
Tickets: $15 Advance, $12 Student, $20 At the Door (+applicable taxes & fees)